We are devoted to providing the most professional, reliable and friendly caregivers in the industry. We have rigorous hiring practices in which all applicants go through tests and screenings focusing on skills, experience, attitudes and placement into homes. Most importantly, our caregivers must all be dependable, warm and caring people. All of our employees are bonded and insured.
Our Hiring Process and How It Is Unique
Every one of our caregivers is subject to an in-depth background screening process which includes all of the following:
- Washington State Patrol background search
- FBI background screening which includes fingerprinting of all new caregivers
- In addition, we at Family First Senior care go above and beyond local state requirements and perform National Background checks that can include State Courts, Dept. of Corrections, Sex Offender Registries, Traffic Courts and County Criminal Courts
- Motor Vehicle Reports
- Washington State Dept. of Health credential verification
- Employment verification and reference checks
- Social Security number and work authorization verification
We go above and beyond industry standards and in addition complete the following to ensure only the best caregivers work here:
Extensive Background Check
Many companies only complete the FBI background search. We employ additional screening for the safety of each and every one of our clients.
Driving AbstractWe ensure all of our caregivers comply with our rigorous safe driving policies.
Most companies state they have the option to drug screen. We drug screen all caregivers before hiring.
We review each applicant's test result's concerning different personality traits to assure the people caring for your loved one(s) are trustworthy, dependable and have the attitude and personality skills needed to perform top quality care.
Being partnered with CareProfiler signals the commitment Family First Senior Care has toward finding the best fit in hiring each caregiver for each specific position. Using CareProfiler allows us to find caregivers who are most equipped to care for your loved one. CareProfiler brings personality matching to a whole different level with Compatibility™, to assure that the people caring for you loved one are trustworthy, dependable and have the attitude and personality skills to provide the care all of our clients deserve.
Family First leads the industry in caregiver retention due to our commitment to honest hiring practices and first class training programs.
All of our caregivers are required to complete a thorough orientation and safety training. Starting in 2012, we make sure every newly hired caregiver is compliant with the new legislative requirements concerning the Home Care Aide certification. Home Care Aides are required to complete the following:
- 75 hours of training using curriculum approved by Washington State DSHS within 120 days of hire
- Pass a certification exam given by Washington State DSHS within 150 days of hire
- Complete a Federal background check in addition to the state background check
In addition, they are required continuing education each year and meet DSHS guidelines. We also encourage our caregivers to attend in-service training programs offered in the community by local healthcare providers. This training to continue their knowledge our caregivers in the following areas:
- Fall Prevention
- Infection Control
- Nutrition and Cooking
- Caring for a client with Alzheimer's
- Hospice - End of life care
- Safety and Housekeeping
- And Much more!