Fall Prevention Programs
What you can do to avoid becoming a statistic...
- Exercise regularly. Regular exercise makes you stronger and improves your stamina, balance and coordination. It also helps to increase your bone density and balance hormone levels. It improves circulation, blood pressure and heart and lung health.
- Do an annual Brown Bag Review. Simply place all your medications, prescribed and over the counter meds, along with any herbal, nutritional and natural health supplements you take into a brown paper bag. Take it in to your doctor or pharmacist to review your meds for potential interactions or side effects like dizziness or sleepiness.
- Have your vision and hearing checked once a year. Both vision and hearing problems can increase your fall risk.
- Keep your eye glasses clean and wear sturdy, well-fitting shoes with non-skid soles.
- Conduct a Home Safety Check. contact us for your FREE Fall Prevention Home Safety Assessment and Checklist!